- June 18 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Gene editing with CRISPR: What is CRISPR and why is it important? Slides here
- May 21 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: Discussing potential move to Scrap Exchange
- TriDIYBio contributed smartphone microscopes for the Northside Elementary STEAM Day on May 5
- April 22, 2017 TriDIYBio exhibited at the Community Science Fair during the Raleigh March for Science. Pictures here and more detail under the Events/Outreach tab
- April 8, 2017 SciTechExpo TriDIYBio and NIEHS exhibit. See the pictures here and on the Events/Outreach page.
- Mar 19, 2017 6: 30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYbio meeting at SplatSpace: Introduction to Microbiological Techniques.
- Feb 19, 2017 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: A continuation of hands-on Introductory training in two basic molecular biology techniques, using pipettemen and running an agarose gel.
- Jan 15, 2017 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: Tom Randall of TriDIYBio will lead a hands-on Introductory training in two basic molecular biology techniques, using pipette men and running an agarose gel.
- Jan 6, 2017 Dr. Gavin Williams, Assoc. Prof. at NC State and Synthetic Biologist, will be giving a Teen Science Cafe talk at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences titled "Making Medicine from Microbes" from 6-7 PM. Flyer attached here.
Archives of past events can be found under the Archive page above
We are TriDIYBio, a local community group focused on bringing together anyone interested in DIY biology, biotechnology, and
We're starting both a community and a laboratory space for learning about and practicing cutting-edge science and biotechnology in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina. As of June we have physical space within SplatSpace. See the progress of our space to the right.
If you would like to join us or learn more click on Contact Us to join our mailing list. We'll be sure to reach out to you with more information!
Triangle DIY Biology is for anyone interested in Do It Your-self Biology. We're currently working on developing STEM programs in the local area
Stay tuned for more info on our first projects!
Triangle DIY Biology: Community Citizen Science and DIYBio Group of the NC Triangle