Triangle DIY Biology: Community Citizen Science and DIYBio Group of the NC Triangle
We are TriDIYBio, a local community group focused on bringing together anyone interested in DIY biology, biotechnology, and
We're starting both a community and a laboratory space for learning about and practicing cutting-edge science and biotechnology in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina. As of July 2017 we have space at #24 Shoppers St in the Re-Use Arts District near Scrap Exchange.
If you would like to join us or learn more click on Contact Us to join our mailing list. We'll be sure to reach out to you with more information!
- Wed, Oct 25, 2:45-4:45 PM. "Out of the Box" Professional Development Workshop" with DPS Teachers: "What is in the Food Colors? - DIY Gel Electrophoresis" Agenda here.
- Nov 29 ,8:30 AM - 4 PM. Workshop for Athens Drive High School Teachers by NIEHS @ NIEHS
Recent News and Events:
- Sunday, Oct 15, Sunday, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: CRISPR, Gene Drives and Mosquitos. Related papers can be found here.
- Saturday, Oct 14, 11 AM-2 PM Open House and Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Directions here. Flyer with a full description for the event here.
- Saturday, Oct 7, 11 AM-2 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab in the Lakewood Re-Use District.
- Saturday, Sept 23 11 AM-2 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at our new location next to our old location.
- Sept 17, Sunday, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: details coming soon. Every 3rd Friday at SplatSpace.
- Sept 16, Saturday 11 AM - 2 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab - Building DIY magnetic stir plates
- Aug 25 & Aug 26: Open House RAD Lab, the TriDIYBio's pop-up community lab at #25 Shopper's St. See the RAD Lab page for full details of this event.
- Aug 23: TriDIYBio will be participating in the Durham Public Schools 2017-2018 Academic Kick Off event at the Southern School of Energy & Sustainability from 8:30AM to 12:30PM
- July 29 & 30 Sat and Sun. The Inaguaral Mid-Atlantic Community Lab sWorkshop at Charlottesville, VA. Details here.
- July 21, Friday, July 21, 6-7 PM Come see the RAD lab. We will be giving tours. RAD lab is the former "Bell Amour Beauty Lounge" at 25 Shoppers Lane, Durham NC, near Scrap Exchange
- July 16 Sunday, 6:30 PM TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: Elliot Roth, one of the founders of Indie Lab, a community science lab in Richmond, Virginia visited.
- July 14 at STaRS (Science Teachers at Research Summer @NIEHS) TriDIYBio presented "DIY Biology in the Triangle"
- June 18 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Gene editing with CRISPR: What is CRISPR and why is it important? Slides here
- May 21 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: Discussing potential move to Scrap Exchange
- TriDIYBio contributed smartphone microscopes for the Northside Elementary STEAM Day on May 5
- April 22, 2017 TriDIYBio exhibited at the Community Science Fair during the Raleigh March for Science. Pictures here and more detail under the Events/Outreach tab
Archives of past events can be found under the Archive page above