Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures from the TriDIYBio lab (RAD Lab)
Drone overview of the RAD Lab site
- Saturday, July 21 , 1 PM-4 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Directions here.
- Wednesday, Aug 22: TriDIYBio will be participating in the Durham Public Schools 2018-2019 Academic Kick Off event at the Southern School of Energy & Sustainability from 8:30AM to 12:30PM
- Thursday, Sept 20, 6:30-8:30 TriDIYBio will be exhibiting at 2018 SciREN Triangle Networking Event at the NC Museum of Natural Science.
Recent News and Events:
- Friday, July 13, at STaRS (Science Teachers at Research Summer) at NIEHS, TriDIYBio will present "DIY Biology in the Triangle"
- Sunday, June 17, 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Mudwatts and Microbiomes. Discussion about doing 16S sequencing to the Mudwatt anaerobic microbiome.
- Sunday, May 20, 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Discussion of proposed floor plan for #24 and the layout for the TriDIYBio space within.
- Saturday, Apr 28 Triangle SciTech Expo at the Raleigh Museum of Natural Science. TriDIYBio had activities including smartphones, microbiome sampling and painting with GFP and other chromophores. Pictures are posted here.
- Wednesday, Apr 25, 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Lakewood's Science Night at Lakewood Elementary in Durham. Triangle DIY Biology and Anthony Abbate (aka the Science Wizard) will have hands-on exercises for all who come. Pictures of the GFP painting are posted at the link here.
- Saturday Apr 21 DIY Fest at Scrap Exchange. TriDIYBio participated along with other organizations in The RAD (Re-Use Arts District). Pictures are posted at the link here.
- Saturday, Mar 31, Apr 7 & 14, 1 PM-4 PM RAD Lab hosted workshops for the upcoming Hebocon competition (Crappy Robot Sumo Wresting) that will be held during the DIY Fest, Apr 21 at the Scrap Exchange. This will be to help competition hopefuls with robot construction. Pictures of the event are here. See this Youtube video to get a flavor of this event. More information about Hebocon can be found at their official website.
- Saturday, Apr 14, 9 AM - 1 PM, Raleigh March for Science 2018. TriDIYBio participated with exhibits. At the Halifax Mall in downtown Raleigh. More details here. Picture of the Microbiome and GFP painting results are here.
- Wednesday, Mar 21. Members of Triangle DIY Biology did some hands-on activities at an NIEHS event titled "Students@Work Program" Agenda here. Pictures from the students' GFP painting here!
- Wednesday, Feb 28 "Out of the Box" Professional Development Workshop" with DPS Teachers: "What is in the Food Colors? - DIY Gel Electrophoresis" at Hillside HS, Durham
- Tuesday, Feb 27 from 6-8 PM Brassfield Elementary Math and Science Extravaganza, Raleigh: Color separation by gel electrophoresis and lung capacity measurement.
- Sunday Feb 25 from 12-2 PM, an Open House hosted by our neighbor Pitbull Martial Arts at SplatSpace. They plan to have a food truck and activities. This will substitute for our monthly 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event at SplatSpace. Photo Album here.
- Sunday, Jan 21, 1 PM-4 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace.
- Sunday, Dec 17, 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday meeting at SplatSpace. General discussion with members.
- Wednesday, Nov 29 ,8:30 AM - 4 PM. Workshop for Athens Drive High School Teachers by NIEHS @ NIEHS. Agenda here.
- Saturday, Nov 25, 1 PM-4 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Projects featured this week include ultra-low power measurements (applicable to microbial fuel cell), diy bio-sensors (including fermentophone applications), autumn leaves gel plates, Science Wizardry for young and old alike.
- Sunday, Nov 19, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: General Discussion.
- Saturday, Nov 11, 11 AM-2 PM Saturday Science Open House at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District.
Photo Gallery here
Colors? - DIY Gel Electrophoresis" Agenda here.
- Sunday, Oct 15, Sunday, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: CRISPR, Gene Drives and Mosquitos. Related papers can be found here.
- Saturday, Oct 14, 11 AM-2 PM Open House and Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Directions here. Flyer with a full description for the event here.
- Thursday Sept 21 5:30-8:30 PM TriDIYBio will be exhibiting at 2017 SciREN Triangle Networking Event at the NC Museum of Natural Science. Agar gel instructions and graphics are linked.
- Sept 17, Sunday, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: details coming soon. Every 3rd Friday at SplatSpace.
- Sept 16, Saturday 11 AM - 2 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab - Building DIY magnetic stir plates
- Aug 25 & Aug 26: Open House RAD Lab, the TriDIYBio's pop-up community lab at #25 Shopper's St. See the RAD Lab page for full details of this event.
- Aug 23: TriDIYBio will be participating in the Durham Public Schools 2017-2018 Academic Kick Off event at the Southern School of Energy & Sustainability from 8:30AM to 12:30PM
- July 29 & 30 Sat and Sun. The Inaguaral Mid-Atlantic Community Lab sWorkshop at Charlottesville, VA. Details here.
- July 21, Friday, July 21, 6-7 PM Come see the RAD lab. We will be giving tours. RAD lab is the former "Bell Amour Beauty Lounge" at 25 Shoppers Lane, Durham NC, near Scrap Exchange
- July 16 Sunday, 6:30 PM TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: Elliot Roth, one of the founders of Indie Lab, a community science lab in Richmond, Virginia visited.
- July 14 at STaRS (Science Teachers at Research Summer @NIEHS) TriDIYBio presented "DIY Biology in the Triangle"
- June 18 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Gene editing with CRISPR: What is CRISPR and why is it important? Slides here
Archives of past events can be found under the Archives page.
We are TriDIYBio, a local community group focused on bringing together anyone interested in DIY biology, biotechnology, and
We're starting both a community and a laboratory space for learning about and practicing cutting-edge science and biotechnology in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina. As of July 2017 we have space at #24 Shoppers St in the Re-Use Arts District near Scrap Exchange.
If you would like to join us or learn more click on Contact Us to join our mailing list. We'll be sure to reach out to you with more information!
Triangle DIY Biology: Community Citizen Science and DIYBio Group of the NC Triangle