Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures from the TriDIYBio lab (RAD Lab)
Drone overview of the RAD Lab site
Triangle DIY Biology: Community Citizen Science and DIYBio Group of the NC Triangle
We are TriDIYBio, a local community group focused on bringing together anyone interested in DIY biology, biotechnology, and
We're starting both a community and a laboratory space for learning about and practicing cutting-edge science and biotechnology in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina. As of July 2017 we have space at #24 Shoppers St in the Re-Use Arts District near Scrap Exchange.
If you would like to join us or learn more click on Contact Us to join our mailing list. We'll be sure to reach out to you with more information!
- Saturday, June 22, Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Directions to the RAD Lab here. Signup to the Meetup here. Also we will be hosting preparation for the upcoming Hebocon event. Come in and start building your crappy robot!
- Saturday, June 22. The Scrap Exchange will be hosting the second annual Hebocon. See this Youtube video to get a flavor of this event. More information about Hebocon can be found at their official website.
- Sunday, June 23, 6:30 PM TriDIYBio 3rd Sunday at SplatSpace. We will be discussing our participation in the NIEHS STaRS (Science Teachers at Research Summer) program upcoming on July 12.
- Friday, June 28, 6 - 8 PM. A memorial for Juan Scivally will be held at the Hayti Heritage Center, 804 Old Fayetteville Street in Durham. Click on links for the Obituary and Memorial Agenda.
- Friday, July 12 from 2-4 PM on the NIEHS campus. TriDIYBio will be participating in their annual STaRS workshop distributing agar gel electrophoresis kits and helping teachers build DIY stir plates.
Recent News and Events:
- Saturday, June 1 from 11 AM - 4 PM, TriDIYBio will participated in the NCCU FAB Lab Spark Faire on the NCCU Campus in Durham.
- Sunday, May 19, 6:30 PM TriDIYBio 3rd Sunday at SplatSpace, the talk is "Building a CAS9 containing strain of Neurospora crassa".
- Thursday, Apr 25 from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Lakewood Elementary School Science Night
- Saturday, Apr 13 from 9 AM - 4 PM Triangle SciTech Expo at NC Museum of Natural Science, Raleigh. Pictures from the GFP painting and microbiome sampling are here.
- Thursday, Apr 11 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM Science Night at Pearsontown Elementary School, Durham
- Monday, Mar 18, 12:30-1:30 PM, Students at Work Program at NIEHS. Pictures here.
- Sunday, Mar 17, 6:30 PM TriDIYBio 3rd Sunday at SplatSpace, the talk is "Developing a new selection marker for Nerurospora crassa, a failed experiment or accidental toxicology.
- Saturday, Mar 16 from 9 AM - 5 PM. Citizens Science Association annual meeting at the NC Museum of Natural Science, Raleigh. Pictures here.
- Friday, Mar 8, 12:45 - 2:45 PM Athens Drive Professional Learning Team Symposium, Raleigh
- Thursday, Feb 21 from 6-8 PM Brassfield Elementary Math and Science Extravaganza, Raleigh
- Thursday, Feb 7 from 4-7 PM, TriDIYBio will exhibit along with SplatSpace in LaunchBio's Larger Than Life Science event "Brilliant Minds". Pictures from the event are here. The WRAL TechWire story is here.
- Friday, Dec 21, 6:30-8:30 PM. Solstice celebration at the RAD Lab at #24. All are invited. LED throwies, home-brew beer tasting, who knows what else.
- Sunday, Dec 16, 6:30 TriDIYBio 3rd Sunday at SplatSpace: An introduction to Illumina next generation sequence analysis.
- Tuesday, Nov 6 1-2 PM TriDIYBio demonstration for 2018 SummerSTEM Day @ NIEHS
- Monday, Nov 5 1-2 PM TriDIYBio demonstration for 2018 SummerSTEM Day @ NIEHS
- Saturday, Oct 20, 2 PM-4 PM TriDIYBio 3rd Sunday: This will be concurrent with Saturday Science at #24 Shopper St. The topic will be a hands-on opportunity to do a plasmid DNA preparation and an agarose gel of the results.
- Tuesday, Oct 16, 8:30 AM - 11 AM Wake Ed LINK Strategic Business-School Engagement with Lynn Rd Elementary
- Saturday, Sept 29, 10 AM - 6 PM TriDIYBio participated in the Orange County LocalFest in Hillsborough. Pictures, including the GFP painting, can be found at this link.
- Thursday, Sept 20, 6:30-8:30 TriDIYBio exhibited at 2018 SciREN Triangle Networking Event at the NC Museum of Natural Science.
- Sunday, Sept 16, 6:30 PM Third Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Topic: "Visualization of CRISPR Arrays in E. coli" Demo of software to visualize CRISPR arrays in bacterial genomes.
- Wednesday, Aug 22: TriDIYBio participated in the Durham Public Schools 2018-2019 Academic Kick Off event at the Southern School of Energy & Sustainability from 12 PM to 4 PM
- Saturday, Aug 18, 1 - 4 PM Saturday Science and TriDIYBio 3rd Sunday event concurrently. We will be doing DNA preps from mud and/or soil. Everyone will have the opportunity to do a hands-on DNA prep.
Friday, July 13, at STaRS (Science Teachers at Research Summer) at NIEHS, TriDIYBio will present "DIY Biology in the Triangle". Pictures from the GFP painting are here.
Archives of past events can be found under the Archives page.