Rad Lab Special Open Hours for the week of Mar 12 -17
Show up, see what is happening! Members will be available.
- Tues (3/13) 2:30 - 6:30
Thu (3/15) 11:30 - 5:30
Fri (3/16) 3:00 - 7:00
Saturday, Mar 17, 1 PM-6:30 PM PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Directions here for all the above dates.
- Wednesday, Mar 21. Members of Triangle DIY Biology will be doing some hands-on activities at an NIEHS event titled "Students@Work Program" Draft Agenda here.
- Saturday Apr 21 DIY Fest at Scrap Exchange. TriDIYBio will be participating with exhibits along with other organizations in The RAD (Re-Use Arts District).
- Saturday, Apr 28 Triangle SciTech Expo at the Raleigh Museum of Natural Science. TriDIYBio will be exhibiting. More details will follow
Recent News and Events:
- Wednesday, Feb 28 "Out of the Box" Professional Development Workshop" with DPS Teachers: "What is in the Food Colors? - DIY Gel Electrophoresis" at Hillside HS, Durham
- Tuesday, Feb 27 from 6-8 PM Brassfield Elementary Math and Science Extravaganza, Raleigh: Color separation by gel electrophoresis and lung capacity measurement.
- Sunday Feb 25 from 12-2 PM, an Open House hosted by our neighbor Pitbull Martial Arts at SplatSpace. They plan to have a food truck and activities. This will substitute for our monthly 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event at SplatSpace. Photo Album here.
- Sunday, Jan 21, 1 PM-4 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace.
- Sunday, Dec 17, 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday meeting at SplatSpace. General discussion with members.
- Wednesday, Nov 29 ,8:30 AM - 4 PM. Workshop for Athens Drive High School Teachers by NIEHS @ NIEHS. Agenda here.
- Saturday, Nov 25, 1 PM-4 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Projects featured this week include ultra-low power measurements (applicable to microbial fuel cell), diy bio-sensors (including fermentophone applications), autumn leaves gel plates, Science Wizardry for young and old alike.
- Sunday, Nov 19, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: General Discussion.
- Saturday, Nov 11, 11 AM-2 PM Saturday Science Open House at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District.
Photo Gallery here
- Wed, Oct 25, 2:45-4:45 PM. "Out of the Box" Professional Development Workshop" with DPS Teachers: "What is in the Food
Colors? - DIY Gel Electrophoresis" Agenda here.
- Sunday, Oct 15, Sunday, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: CRISPR, Gene Drives and Mosquitos. Related papers can be found here.
- Saturday, Oct 14, 11 AM-2 PM Open House and Saturday Science at the RAD Lab at #24 Shoppers St in the Lakewood Re-Use District. Directions here. Flyer with a full description for the event here.
- Sept 17, Sunday, 6:30 PM at SplatSpace, 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio event: details coming soon. Every 3rd Friday at SplatSpace.
- Sept 16, Saturday 11 AM - 2 PM Saturday Science at the RAD Lab - Building DIY magnetic stir plates
- Aug 25 & Aug 26: Open House RAD Lab, the TriDIYBio's pop-up community lab at #25 Shopper's St. See the RAD Lab page for full details of this event.
- Aug 23: TriDIYBio will be participating in the Durham Public Schools 2017-2018 Academic Kick Off event at the Southern School of Energy & Sustainability from 8:30AM to 12:30PM
- July 29 & 30 Sat and Sun. The Inaguaral Mid-Atlantic Community Lab sWorkshop at Charlottesville, VA. Details here.
- July 21, Friday, July 21, 6-7 PM Come see the RAD lab. We will be giving tours. RAD lab is the former "Bell Amour Beauty Lounge" at 25 Shoppers Lane, Durham NC, near Scrap Exchange
- July 16 Sunday, 6:30 PM TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace: Elliot Roth, one of the founders of Indie Lab, a community science lab in Richmond, Virginia visited.
- July 14 at STaRS (Science Teachers at Research Summer @NIEHS) TriDIYBio presented "DIY Biology in the Triangle"
- June 18 6:30 PM 3rd Sunday TriDIYBio meeting at SplatSpace. Gene editing with CRISPR: What is CRISPR and why is it important? Slides here
Archives of past events can be found under the Archives page.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures from the TriDIYBio lab (RAD Lab)
We are TriDIYBio, a local community group focused on bringing together anyone interested in DIY biology, biotechnology, and
We're starting both a community and a laboratory space for learning about and practicing cutting-edge science and biotechnology in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina. As of July 2017 we have space at #24 Shoppers St in the Re-Use Arts District near Scrap Exchange.
If you would like to join us or learn more click on Contact Us to join our mailing list. We'll be sure to reach out to you with more information!
Triangle DIY Biology: Community Citizen Science and DIYBio Group of the NC Triangle